Czech Republic, 2007, 18 Kc. 11 (1/2) x 12. multicoloured
Stanley Gibbons: 518
Yvert et Tellier: 480
One of the architectural highlights of the town - the listed water tower of the Pilsner Urquell brewery - started operation in 1907. Water from springs and the local river was pumped into the two tanks and distributed throughout the brewery. A round passage with a staircase led through the tanks up to the top of the dome with a look-out platform. Although the water tower was closed in 2005, the water distribution network on the underground floor is still in use.
Plots: Pilsen, Pilsner Urquell